The Girl from Tomorrow (TV series)

Anything that concerns other movies and serials: reviews, recommendations, etc.
Roja
Глашатай
Глашатай

Re: The Girl from Tomorrow (TV series)

Post by Roja » 25 Mar 2021, 16:26

Silverthorn with his hair down:

Roja
Глашатай
Глашатай

Post by Roja » 25 Mar 2021, 16:28

Silverthorn in his black suit, in 1990:
dupe list

Roja
Глашатай
Глашатай

Post by Roja » 25 Mar 2021, 16:31

Silverthorn again... the electrode to operate the TimeGate is in his pocket.

Fanat
Регент
Регент

Post by Fanat » 25 Mar 2021, 16:33

I have also seen Spellbinder and thought it was a great show. I didn’t see it when it was shown in the late 90s in the UK
In my case, it's the opposite. I watched Spellbinder and its sequel Spellbinder. Land of the Dragon Lord (by the way, have you watched the latter?) about 20 years ago when I was a teenager. Spellbinder was extremely popular between 1995 and ~2005 among teenagers in Russia, where I am from. However, I didn't even know about TGFT at that time. I watched it only ~6 years ago for the first time in my life. What I find interesting is that many details and the overall film style of TGFT and Spellbinder are quite similar in some aspects. This is because both series were created by the same people (Mark Shirrefs, John Thomson, Nicholas McCallum, Ian Davidson, Noel Price, etc.).
Also Monroe Reimers who played Bruno in TGFT also played the doctor who examined Paul in Spellbinder when Paul returned to his own world. And when Ashka went into a shop selling electronic goods, I saw a scene from Tomorrow’s End playing on one of the TV sets in the background!!
Wow, good points! :good: I thought I knew everything about Spellbinder but I have never noticed TGFT in that shop!

I see your pictures, they are absolutely astonishing! The tattoo is nice! :)

Roja
Глашатай
Глашатай

Post by Roja » 25 Mar 2021, 16:49

Thank you! :D Yes, I watched both series of Spellbinder. The writers took a big risk having a completely new cast for the second series (except for Ashka and Gryvon) but for me it was equally as great as the first series.I missed Alex in the second series though, he was such a funny character! But in the second series there was some great character development with Sun, as he started off being a spoiled brat, but became a much more sympathetic person after the struggles he went through and learned to be grateful to others. I found the episodes set in the world of the Immortals quite psychologically chilling for a kids show, and it was well-written.

Mark Shirrefs more recently wrote an animated horror film for adults called The Geographic Explorations of Jasper Morello which is much darker but I liked it. There is a bit of gore in it but the horror is mostly psychological. And it felt spooky watching it in 2020 because in the world Jasper lives, there is a plague killing off the population, and the first symptom is coughing!!

Roja
Глашатай
Глашатай

Post by Roja » 25 Mar 2021, 16:52

Yet another Silverthorn drawing... :mrgreen:

Roja
Глашатай
Глашатай

Post by Roja » 25 Mar 2021, 16:59

Oh and I forgot to say, The first series of Spellbinder was similar to TGFT in that first Paul was a stranger out of his depth in an unfamiliar world, but then when Riana came to Paul’s world, she went through a real culture shock. This echoes what happened in TGFT when in the first series Alana was lost and out of her depth in 1990, but in the second series it was Jenny’s turn to be in an unfamiliar time and we saw more vulnerable sides to her character.

Also the punishment Ashka received at the end was similar to Silverthorn’s fate, but I won’t reveal spoilers for anyone reading this who hasn’t seen the endings 🙂

Roja
Глашатай
Глашатай

Post by Roja » 25 Mar 2021, 17:02

That scragger Silverthorn again :mrgreen:

Roja
Глашатай
Глашатай

Post by Roja » 25 Mar 2021, 17:04

Jenny scared in the second series: