The Girl from Tomorrow (TV series)

Anything that concerns other movies and serials: reviews, recommendations, etc.
Roja
Summoner
Summoner

Re: The Girl from Tomorrow (TV series)

Post by Roja » 01 Sep 2021, 16:37

Cover of the Polish VHS release of Tomorrow’s End:
I love this photo of Silverthorn and his gang!

Roja
Summoner
Summoner

Post by Roja » 23 Dec 2021, 20:08

Happy Christmas everyone… here’s some new Silverthorn fan art 😁

tgftfan

Post by tgftfan » 16 Apr 2023, 10:27

What an amazing thread this is - it has brought back so many memories! It seems surreal to be able to look at all those filming locations on google maps from a device I carry around with me all day!

Jenny Kelly was always my favourite character, and a massive influence for me when I was growing up. I even dyed my hair purple and got a drumkit for my 12th birthday! Does anyone know what became of the actress? There is info on the rest of the cast but Melissa Marshall seems to have disappeared ...? Maybe she doesn't want to act any more and that's fine, but she was such a big influence for me it would be nice to know she's OK

Roja
Summoner
Summoner

Post by Roja » 18 Sep 2023, 09:53

tgftfan wrote:
16 Apr 2023, 10:27
What an amazing thread this is - it has brought back so many memories! It seems surreal to be able to look at all those filming locations on google maps from a device I carry around with me all day!

Jenny Kelly was always my favourite character, and a massive influence for me when I was growing up. I even dyed my hair purple and got a drumkit for my 12th birthday! Does anyone know what became of the actress? There is info on the rest of the cast but Melissa Marshall seems to have disappeared ...? Maybe she doesn't want to act any more and that's fine, but she was such a big influence for me it would be nice to know she's OK
Hi and welcome to the forum!! 😁 I haven’t been on here for ages as I had a lot of drama going on in my life during the past 2 years. Anyway, in answer to your question about Melissa Marshall, it is indeed very rare to find any information online about what she’s up to nowadays. I too hope she’s OK. I read in someone’s comment on a YouTube video years ago that she went on to have a daughter, and last year on Instagram someone posted these pictures of Melissa. I don’t know what year they were taken though.

It’s fun to hear that the character was such a big influence on you when you were younger! I’ve heard lots of stories of fans who painted dots on their faces and made ‘transducers’ or ‘PJs’ too.

Roja
Summoner
Summoner

Post by Roja » 18 Sep 2023, 10:01

Helen O’ Connor, who played Irene Kelly, randomly bumped into John Howard, who played Silverthorn, while they were at a supermarket in May this year, and they took this selfie together. They hadn’t seen each other for 20 years!

Roja
Summoner
Summoner

Post by Roja » 18 Sep 2023, 10:08

Some more Silverthorn fan art I did since I last posted here…

Roja
Summoner
Summoner

Post by Roja » 18 Sep 2023, 10:40

Unfortunately I also have some sad news to share with other TGFT fans… Marshall Napier, who played Draco, died of brain cancer on 14th August 2022.

As well as being a fantastic actor, Marshall was also a very talented cartoonist. His son James runs this website of his art https://www.marshallnapiercartoons.com.au/ as well as Marshall’s instagram account, marshallnapier_cartoons.

Two months before Marshall died, he replied to a comment I’d posted on one of his Instagram posts. I had found one of his cartoons very funny, and it had made me laugh while I’d been going through a difficult time. Marshall wrote “Ah, pleased to have been an assistance to you! I hope tough times resolve quickly xxx”. That was the only interaction I had with him, and I had no idea at the time that Marshall was ill. When I heard of his death it was a shock and I burst out crying! 😢

Roja
Summoner
Summoner

Post by Roja » 18 Sep 2023, 10:51

Some more fan art, but not by me this time!! I bought this amazing painting of Alana by Marina Dejanovic from Croatia. She has an Instagram account ___marinaart___

Me with Marina’s painting

Roja
Summoner
Summoner

Post by Roja » 21 Dec 2023, 19:33

I had a lovely surprise yesterday morning when Mark Shirrefs (writer of The Girl From Tomorrow) sent me this photo of Alana and Silverthorn that I had never previously seen before!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Photograph by John Halfhide

(I’ve edited this post to credit the photographer 🙂)
Last edited by Roja on 10 Apr 2024, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Roja
Summoner
Summoner

Post by Roja » 21 Dec 2023, 19:40

And, for this Christmas, I made Mark a card inspired by the Time Capsule!! 😁 I was very pleased with how well it turned out, but with all the reflective bits, it was difficult to get good photos of it! 😄 So I took a few pictures showing the card in different lighting.